Ask an expert

07 Dec 2005

too much hair
Good day Im 23 i have dark hair and I am starting to notice hair growing on my sides of face, chin and also a few hairs on my chest I feel really embarressed about this as it is very noticeable and i feel quite self conscious about it. I have been to my GP who did hormone tests and everything was fine. Is there any medication that could help stop the hair growth, i think that I may be suffereing fom Hirsutism are there any tests that can confirm this. I have tried waxing unwanted hair as a temporary measure but it grew back even worse. An I dont have alot of money that I can go have laser treatment.

Please help...Many thanks
Answer 308 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear embarrassed,
Taking a contraceptive pill will probably help. Read more on:
Did your doctor check for polycystic ovarial syndrome?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes