Ask an expert

16 Jan 2004

Treatment of Chronic Male Pelvic Pain Syndrome
My previous question number 11098 refers.
Do we have Skelaxin(Metaxalone) or Flexeril(Cyclobenzeprine Hydrochloride) available in this country or anything similar to treat CPPS (Prostatitis).
They are I believe a type of agent which acts to block neuromuscular pain.
I would like to use something similar if they are not available.
Can you advise
Answer 330 views

01 Jan 0001

Omega, I couldn’t find it in any of my books, but I’ll ask an urologist for you in the week. Please e-mail me at if I don’t get back to you within a couple of days. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19306 votes