Ask an expert

23 Oct 2009

Tummy pains
Hi Doctor

I have a terribly sore tummy. How do I tell the difference if it is my stomach or my uterus? I don’ t know if I should see a doctor or a gene?
It is so painful that it wakes me up at night. It is especially sore on the left hand side.

Thank you
Answer 246 views

01 Jan 0001


If the pain is in the left lower area of the abdomen, you should consult a gynaecologist for a full examination and ultrasound.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.