Ask an expert

09 Dec 2002

turning to stone
I was reading in a family history on my dads side and it mentioned a relative that half of his lower body had turned to stone (or rock, can't remember which). Is there such a disease, if so what is it called? I would like to read more about this if you could tell me what to look up. Thank you so much.
Answer 358 views

01 Jan 0001

Melissa, maybe you can give me some clarity before I start guessing. Did his lower body become stiff/immovable or the actual muscles become rock hard? Let me know and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
PS Please post your reply as a new question otherwise I will miss it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19320 votes