Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Oct 2009
Unprotected Vaginal Sex
In the section on activity that could reslt in AIDS " Unprotected manual-vaginal intercourse (fisting) without a latex glove" is listed under High Risk - what exactly does this mean?
Hi Craig, it means that if someone uses his/her hand to stimulate the partner by inserting finger/s into the anus or vagina, there is a risk of contracting AIDS if the partner is HIV positive and you have broken skin on the hand - so it is safer to use a latex glove when doing this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- OPINION | Bavuma captaincy might be a gamble, but it's one worth taking
- Covid-19: Govt says new variants are inevitable, but hopes they will be less ‘lethal’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19423 votes