Ask an expert

12 Mar 2007

Urinary tract infection?

I'd just like advice on smething that is bothering me, should I wait for it to get better or should I rather see a physician...

Ok... Saw a friend on thursday last week. We were in the parking lot about to leave when he decided to have a whole new conversation. In the mean time, I felt that I really had to urinate, urgently, but didn't do anything as I thought it was rude. Left 10 minutes later, and when I finally got a toilet, it was quite painful. However, two days later I found that it is painful when I do urinate, especially towards the end. It is like a sharp pain I get from my bladder or so? Could it be that I have strained something (a muscle), will it heal and go away, or is it maybe infection or something else? I also (for some reason) have the need to urinate more frequently (having more pain), even if it is just a few drops.

I'm male and 27, I have never experiences anything like this before.

Please advice! Thanks.
Answer 349 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear S
You could have overstretched the bladder - try taking some citrosoda 10 ml in water three times a day and drink liquefruit's cranberry juice. If this doesn't help in about 3 days, rather let your GP test your urine?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19962 votes