Ask an expert

14 Nov 2006

vaginal Blisters
I been told by the Gynae doc that it sounds like i have genital Herpes. Is there somehing i can take without going to the doctor or do i have to go to the doc for a prescription. Or maybe you can confirm if it sounds like herpes. I have these blisters on the lips of my vagina they are not sore or itchy. there just there. I haven't been with anyone sexually in a long time so i am not sure if it can be herpes. Please can you help.
Answer 310 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Beth
Rather go to your doctor - if it is herpes you may need to take an antiviral to prevent further outbreaks - it can be dormant for years before you can have an outbreak so rather be safe than sorry.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.