Ask an expert

21 Dec 2004

varicose veins
i am 23 year old male and quit an active person.i have a vericose vein on my right leg and it is not very nice looking who can i see to help me with it.i gym ,play rugby and cycle so it is a bit uncomfortable and embarrising walking around with this bulge on my leg.i live in pretoria
Answer 320 views

01 Jan 0001

Kwagga, it all depends on how big it is. If it is as big a your pinkie for instance, the only way to treat it would be surgically. If it is smaller, laser treatment might be an option. If you mail me at, I’ll send you the contact details of a surgeon in the east of Pretoria. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19293 votes