Ask an expert

05 Aug 2008

Hi Doc

I' ve had a vasectomy end of last year, all the test show that the op was successful. But i' m still experiencing pain in my scrotum when i have an erection or while busy with intercourse. In the beggining i thought it' s just some scarring because ot the op, but it' s now almost 9 months. My GP did the op, must i go back to him or rather to a specialist? I' m asking here because i' m to imbarresed to go to him and divulge all the detail.

Answer 351 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear anon
It should not be sore, so I think you should have it looked at - maybe get an appointment with an urologist or just tell your GP that you have pain in the scrotum. It may be cheaper for him to have a look first and see if you really need to see an urologist. You may have a cyst or infection there and your GP should not mind to have a look again!
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes