Ask an expert

08 Mar 2004

Good Morning Doctor.

im quite worried about my health lately, im a whitemale scanning clerk age36, weight 79kg non smoking not that fit since injury to spine in April2003.cant sit or stand for long periods do try walk as often as possible and swim.

My main problem at present is due to stress from work, and other related factors,finances etc have had a affect on me last month especially. i have been to Boksburg/Benoni for checkup since i have started experienceing theses sharp throbing discomforting pains from in my left ribcage to left shoulder when i am worried or stressed feels like air buble then get a sudden strike to my back of head almost a split second black out .

I notice i start perspiring under left armpit ,muscle feels quite tender when this ocurs also get headaches now and then

im concerned i could have a blood clot or heart problem,but not sure the hospital checked my BP was 143/91 ,blood sugar was 5.01

Beeing a goverment hospital , im not on medical aid they dont speak to the patient,just give you 2 panado's

My question is how can i find out what is truly wrong ?

regards Alfred

Answer 350 views

01 Jan 0001

Alfie, the easiest would be to see a private specialist physician. The other option would be to go to the hospital and to ask them to write a report to your GP. You can them e-mail it me and I’ll explain everything you don’t understand. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.