Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Nov 2005
Dear Cyberdoc - I have the stangest sensations every now and then - It feels as if there is lead running through my body - my arm s and legs feel heavy - I feel kind of weak and have to force myself tomove, the muscles in my face feel as though they have stopped working for example when this sensation occurs I cant swallow. I also get a tingling feeling in my fingers and sometimes my arm feels cold This is very scary and because I start panicking I bring on a anxiety attack. What is wrong it feels terrible. Could it be a symtom of hypothyroid?
Kerrys, it might be due to an under active thyroid, but it might also be due to other problems like low blood sugar, low blood pressure, a form of epilepsy, etc. The best would be to see your doctor and have him make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Eben Etzebeth's uncanny knack of being fit for Boks
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19996 votes