Ask an expert

18 Feb 2004

What is coxa valga and how can it be treated?
According to my childs X-rays he has coxa valga hips. The doctors weren't overly concerned, but now, about a year later, he complains that his hip becomes dislocated at times. What should we do about it (possible treatment)? Will special exercise be of any benefit?
Thanks for your time.
Answer 2,817 views

01 Jan 0001

Reubs, coxa valga is when the hip angle increases to the outside. The best would be to see a paediatric orthopaedic surgeon as it sounds like it has become worse. The best would be to sort it out now before complications arise. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.