Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Feb 2004
What is coxa valga and how can it be treated?
According to my childs X-rays he has coxa valga hips. The doctors weren't overly concerned, but now, about a year later, he complains that his hip becomes dislocated at times. What should we do about it (possible treatment)? Will special exercise be of any benefit?
Thanks for your time.
Thanks for your time.
Reubs, coxa valga is when the hip angle increases to the outside. The best would be to see a paediatric orthopaedic surgeon as it sounds like it has become worse. The best would be to sort it out now before complications arise. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Ivermectin doesn't speed recovery in people with mild Covid-19, new study finds
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- ANALYSIS | André de Ruyter accused of SA’s irredeemable sin as he shuts down Eskom patronage networks
- Karyn Maughan | Hard to say I’m sorry: Mogoeng's apology ruling demands putting duty before faith
- Shelved? aQuellé back on shelves despite continuing probes into KwaSizabantu
- Mbalula's comments indicate the ANC is far from united in bid to oust Public Protector
- Adriaan Basson | Trial by social media - the tragic Lindsay Dentlinger story
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19456 votes