Ask an expert

31 Jan 2004

Wondering about marks
I have noticed that i have a large dark mark by my rear hole. What could this be? It is like a patch where my skin is very dark and its a fair size is this normal?

Answer 288 views

01 Jan 0001

Suzi, it might be due to skin irritation, a superficial fungal infection and a host of other skin disorders. You can try an anti-fungal cream, but if it doesn’t go away within a week or two, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.