Ask an expert

13 Apr 2006

a rassist
hi cs

i saw your reply about the people mowning about cpmom;s posting on the annex, the rude language that gets used
i understand what you say is true - if you don't like her ignore her
but surely you can't condone her rassist remarks?
unless you yourself are one?
which i hope you are not, i believe you are a man who has self respect and who can respect others and as such treat them with respect

just my 2 cents

Answer 454 views

01 Jan 0001

The ANNEx has nothing to do with me, whatever anyone says there. I have and take no responsibility whatsoever for anything said there. I deal with and try to edit THIS forum only. I don't "CONDONE" ANYONE"s remarks here. Heck, on bad days, I'm not sure whether I condone my own. I don't condone much of what is dsaid in Parliament, in the United Nations or on DSTV.
IF CP Mom has been stupid enough to stir up yet another storm by making remarks there which others find ofensve and consider racist --- and it would be very stupid to do so --- what can I do about it ? Like Tired, I'm sck of all the bickering, which is not what I spent decades studying for.
Delene is right, while people are free to have their own thoughts, speech is not totally protected. In the old example used in law, you don't have the right of "free speech" to scream "FIRE !" in a crowded cinema and start a stampede. And EVERYBODY does have the responsibility to take care with the language they use so as not to be needlessly offensive. And if we claim the right to say whatever we want, then what goes with that claim, is the requirement to accept the consequences of what we say. You can't scream "Fire!" and then complain if your toes get trampled in the stampede.
And for clarity, the person's posting the nasty first messages under th nicknames "Jemma" and "Wit Zombie" were the same person, from the identical IP address, and not the same as the geuine Jemma and Wit Zombie who responded later
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.