Ask an expert

16 Jul 2006

Abuse in Mental Hosptial
I would like to know what cause of legal action i can take against a well known psychiatrist who reviews on this board. A certain doctor Brink has broken the hypocratic oath and subjected me to unfair abuse while i was admitted to Stikland Hosptial in 2000. I have documented proof of this aswell as written matieral that was later either sold or passed on for profit. I also have a host of witnesses and solid phyiscal evidence of extreme abuse and mistreatment that I was personally subjected to while under her care.
Answer 371 views

01 Jan 0001

Obviously, in the first place, you need proper legal advice, from the free law clinic of your nearest law school, if needs be --- especially if you say you have witnesses and documentary evidence. And as anon says, the first place to go would be the HPCSA (Health Professionals Council of SA), and the lawyers could also advise whether you have a cause for independent legal actuion for damages, etc. I don't know the doc you are referring to, but obiously abuse should not occur.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20202 votes