Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Jul 2006
Abuse in Mental Hosptial
I would like to know what cause of legal action i can take against a well known psychiatrist who reviews on this board. A certain doctor Brink has broken the hypocratic oath and subjected me to unfair abuse while i was admitted to Stikland Hosptial in 2000. I have documented proof of this aswell as written matieral that was later either sold or passed on for profit. I also have a host of witnesses and solid phyiscal evidence of extreme abuse and mistreatment that I was personally subjected to while under her care.
Obviously, in the first place, you need proper legal advice, from the free law clinic of your nearest law school, if needs be --- especially if you say you have witnesses and documentary evidence. And as anon says, the first place to go would be the HPCSA (Health Professionals Council of SA), and the lawyers could also advise whether you have a cause for independent legal actuion for damages, etc. I don't know the doc you are referring to, but obiously abuse should not occur.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Covid-19 causing strokes among young and healthy adults, global study finds
- Why we remember more by reading – especially print – than from audio or video
- No evidence yet that alcohol interferes with Covid-19 vaccines, but go slow on the drinks to be safe
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- Appeasing Hitler didn't work, and it won't work with Magashule, says ANC stalwart Mavuso Msimang
- ‘It was a lot’ – Professor Karim tells us why he’s leaving us
- US wants to be global leader in ensuring vaccine access, its SA representative says
- 'Disrespected' Mpofu lays unprofessional conduct complaint against advocate he told to shut up
- Storming Stravino always wanted to be a Bull: 'WP's wingers get lost too often'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20202 votes