Ask an expert

19 Apr 2006

Abusive Relationship-LEAVING
But how do I do i without involving my parents-do I call police to escort me; my partner has psychotic behaviour thus I never know what he will do next; thirdly he has just lost his job and just using any form of manipulation to keep me there.
i.e washing my clothes; cleaning the house; saying he cares etc.
Please help me:
do I change my cell number etc.......; as telling him hasn't helped thus I need to run away.
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001

Call POWA for direct advice, as they specialize in helping abused women. If it's your house, discuss this with the police and the court as you could get their help, including a court order forbidding him from approaching you or your home or your parents. If it's his home, plan somewhere safe to go to, and move out when he's not around. The cell phone company ought to be able to help change your number to avoid annoying calls.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19307 votes