Ask an expert

11 Aug 2008

I' m sitting at work and just want to cry. My son' s ex girlfriend won' t allow him to take his child out for the day. I fetch her every weekend which he knows and then he wants to take her out but I' m scared to let him do it without the mother' s agreement. He is not aware of this and I' m in a state because I don' t know what to tell him to avoid a big scene. The past 2 weekends I' ve been making excuses but I won' t be able to continue.
What should I do???? I hate being in the middle.

Answer 387 views

01 Jan 0001

If this is his child, and there is any degree of conflict with the bio mother, they should have gone to court and have had a firm agreement as to access etc. fixed by the court. He should not take the child without the mother's agreement or knowledge, and if you assisted you could also become liable for problems. Legally if he is the bio father, she is NOT entitled to forbid him to have proper access to the child. And you should not be in the middle --- they are supposed to be adults and to behave like adults, and consider the best inetrests of the child rather than mutual spite.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19337 votes