Ask an expert

26 Jul 2006

addicted to painkillers
My brother is addicted to painkillers like a zombie, please advise
Answer 407 views

01 Jan 0001

He will need to see a good local psychiatrist, preferably one who has a special interest in substance abuse problems, for a full assessment and then guidance, which may include a formal rehab program, in how to gradually wean himself off these meds
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.