Ask an expert

21 Apr 2006

ADHD in adults

I believe my husband has ADHD. After doing extensive reading & information gathering and from the problems we’ve been having I find that most of the symptoms talked about is what he has been experiencing. Also there are no medical problems and he has no depression. I know that one would tell us that we should consult a professional for a proper diagnosis; however we are unable to sustain those kinds of costs. I was therefore hoping that you could give me advice on how to do home therapies or any other kinds of treatments (dietary, natural remedies etc) to help him with his concentration, shortness of temper, impulsiveness etc. Please if you can help us in any way, I would gladly appreciate it.
Answer 466 views

01 Jan 0001

As you'll discover if you check the archives of this forum. adult ADHD is still a controversial diagnosis, and shouldn't be made too hastily ( it can be mistaken for various personality and other problems ). Consider the various options I outlined in another recent message for seeking counselling / psych help when funds are low. I know of no evidence whatever that any honme remedies, diets or non-prescription remedies are of any use in this sort of situation
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.