Ask an expert

16 Jul 2008

ADHD in adults
My son was diagnosed with ADHD as a child. (now 23) Was assessed by a educational phsychologist and found to be very intelligent. However he battled through school and couldn't pass grade 10. He battles to keep a job, is very anti authority and is agressive in his speech and attitude. His room is a pigsty and he Is never wrong and now has become involved in drugs. He does not think there is anything wrong with him. Please help!!!!!
Answer 369 views

01 Jan 0001

He needs to see a good local psychiatrist for a fresh, re-assessment and advice on how to handle thios, which might include medications and counselling, and should be able to help, if he can admit that he could benefit from help
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20185 votes