Ask an expert

05 Feb 2004

advise please
dear cybershrink
me again....please see my posting 7017. I am driving myself insane as I need closure and need to try and understand why this happened. he has since made contact with his famiyl and asked them to book him into a rehab and he acknowleged that he has messed up big time, but he has not contacted me. i somehow need to see him to ask him why??? do you think i should try and contact him and ask to see him so that i can at least get closure? when i went thru my divorce, i cut myself off totally from my ex and refused to talk about it and pretented that i was fine, but i really went to pieces and i somehow cant do it again - i want him to tell me why. what do i do - please advise me.
Answer 366 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear anonymous ( and any other mous),
BE strong, and continue with your own good life. Closure is worth seeking, but don't you dare make it dependent on anything he does or says --- closure will be a decision you can make on your own, that YOU have closed the door on him. And if he has indeed entered rehab, let us hope that he is now fully occupied in that process, and one wouldnt expect him to be thinking of you at this time.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.