Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
31 Jul 2006
Doc please advise. I got involved with a man. He is married but separated. When we met he was “in the process” of getting a divorce. He is now separated from his wife for 7 months already and he is waiting for her to make the first move. She has started the divorce but then withdrew it a month ago and now does not want to give him a divorce. I cannot handle this situation, because although they are separated, he is still not free to have a life with me and is still legally married to her. Seems like they are playing cat and mouse games with each other because they just cannot seem to get to some agreement with each other, and I am sitting on this side very insecure and I don’t know what to do. Am I wasting my time here, or what do you suggest I do. I mean they have been divorcing since December and its getting nowhere, in the meantime I have to put my life on hold . Can somebody refuse to divorce you, and do you have to stay married to that person for ever?
Sounds complex, doesn't it ? If he's waiting for her to move, and she knows that you are seeing him, she may well coose not to move at all. Don't get involved in any games they are playing between themselves. If his wife took the initiative to start a divorce process, she is entirely entitled to qithdraw / stop it and continue to be married to him . HE can start divorce proceedings against her, if he chooses to do so. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to stop their games
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19950 votes