Ask an expert

11 Jul 2005

Age difference
Hi Doctor

I met someone 3 months ago he is from Zimbabwe, he is a chemist by profession. I am 39 and he is 27 I feel uncomfortable about me as a woman being older than him. He is very matured, the best guy that I can be with I havent experrienced this kind of relalionship in many years. We are very happy together an are very compatible.We love each other and are sure that we want to be together.
He lives in Zimbabwe I in Namibia, we thinking of getting married as for us to be together and for him to have a chance to start his career here. I have 2 kids he does not have any but want to have children, I had a tubulagation (cant have children).
Should we get married or are there too many obsticlaces.
Your advise Please.
Answer 447 views

01 Jan 0001

As I've often said in this Forum, what matters most isn't the chronological age in years, but the relative maturity of the partners. Distance relationships can be difficult, but it is possible to sort this out. As to the issue of children, you will need to discuss his with him serously, and see what the two of you can work out, maybe seeing a marriage counsellor for a session or two the next time you are together. Sometimes a tubal ligation can be reversed, but not always, and this can be difficult.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20299 votes