Ask an expert

01 Dec 2005

Am I being childish here!
I was doing so well today, and now I am in tears.

I posted a little while ago that I was really notlooking forward to my birthday, anyway, I got out of that low and organised a cheese and wine for my family and close friends.

Last year my birthday was the worst birthday ever, it was while my bf ex was still in the country and living with his parents, because my birthday is the day after bf mother, we decided to have a combined birthday, it was on the 3rd (my day) and at their house.

Anyway, long story short, I arrived and no one even mentioned my birthday the bitch never even mentioned to anyone it was my birthday, so everyone bought presents for her and had a fine time. It was awfull.

Now the ex has left and have managed to piece together a very broken relationshi with the mother. My bf called now and said, oh, um, my parents and my sister and her gf wont be coming on sat, they have planned a dinner.

I am so upset and he thinks I am being a bitch and pathetic, I mean,m for once can something just be about me? i was so looking forward to it, and she has managed to trump me yet again, he says they planned this like a month ago. HELLOOOO she knows its my bday on sat. I am in floods of tears and very upset. Am I being stupid?
Answer 413 views

01 Jan 0001

Hello VM<
Shal I start telling you about MY birthdays ? Like the year I was working so hard on casualty, that I didn't get a chance to even answer the phone on a personal call, until 4 minutes to midnight when one of the family came through to give me their best wishes, and I said "Best wishes for what ?" And they said " Well, it's your birthday, isn't it ? "
If this is the best your bf's parents etc can do, then they're no friends, and their presence wouldn't be desirable. And why isn't HE putting together the part for you ? Must your birthday always be about her ?
*** the lot of them --- have a terrific birthday on your own and with your real friends
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.