Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Sep 2009
Am I selfish?
I have been so depressed for the past 2 months, my medication seems non existant. 2 months ago I had to leave my job(field) that I loved because of relocation with my fiance. I have a good job now, but it isnt what i want to be doing, it isnt what I love doing. I know what job I want, because I' ve had the job before. I want to start applying even if it pays less because its what I love doing. but if I do this I might give up my chance of making more money so my fiance and I can have our own place etc. Am I selfish to be depressed (although I cant help it) and want to change jobs? I just want to be happy in my job. Then on the other hand my dad lost job cause recession and I want to help my parents out as well. What do I do? I worry about everyone all the time.
You're not selfish at all, but in the uncomfortable position of needing to choose between important things which have good arguments for and against them. Seeing a counsellor could help you to weight and choose between the possibilities, and keep an eye on that depression you mention.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- How to actually fix a lost voice, according to science (hint: lemon and honey doesn’t work)
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes