Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Jan 2009
Yo doc wassup its me again ok so I have decided to go for a chat to a psychologist made an appointment if you can tell me how this will help I would be glad to know! On 40mg of cipramil I have alot of skipped beats I know my doctor put me on 40 but Im taking 30mg and I seem to be find its working its only been 12 days so far 40 is just to much I feel tired etc atm I feel weak my mouth has a mettalic taste I hate to get out of bed I havnt been to gym in a week going back tomorrow but feeling weak and tired and annoyed about it! thoughts are still in my head but they not so bad! thinking im going to die or feel like dying is still there what do you think my problem is?
Why shouldn't it be able to help ? Why do you think it couldn't help ? You will adjust to the side-effects of your medication soon, and be less troubled by them. I have already discussed what I think the trouble is, and a CBT-oriented psychologist can help you control the unhelpful and unpleasant thoughts and worries, and probably help you learn to reduce the symptoms,. too. YOu've already seen some useful change in those directions, and there's a good deal more to come.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Refresher: Covid-19 vs flu vs allergies – how to tell the difference
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- Link between Covid-19 and Alzheimer's-like brain impairment identified
- What happens if you walk into a vaccination site? We break it down
- Does coffee burn more fat during exercise? What the evidence tells us
- If I stopped state capture evidence, we could have been sued - Zondo pleads for another 3 months
- Digital Vibes scored R35m before health dept even approved their work, committee hears
- Chris Roper | Tembisa 10: Corruption flourishes if trust in the media is broken
- Facing arrest and jail time for contempt, Hlophe’s attorney Xulu turns to him for help
- Sifiso Skenjana | An inconvenient youth: Yes, we can stop failing SA's next generation
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9520 votes
69% - 20870 votes