Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Jul 2006
Well Doc, I am kinda shy and scared. What if she/he say im ill? That I am anorexic? What will then happen to me? I do not have any parents, and i am not sure if i can take my sister through hell and back. That’s why I decided to write to you. I am really scared about all this. I don’t want to be ill, just have a very nice toned body. But I am scared of food, even those types that do not contain any calories. Is there not someone to whom I can talk to over the phone or via e-mail?
Wll, no shrink is going to suggest that you are ill unless you are ; and if you are, then you need and deserve some help and advice. There's no need for anyone to go through hell and back, or anywhere so distant. I don't know of anyone providing this sort of treatment by email or phone, but you deserve more than that. It may be that you don't need much further help, as you already show great determination and the ability to do what you set out to do --- maybe just a few sessions to revise the plan of what it is you are using that determination for, might do the trick.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19865 votes