Ask an expert

21 Jul 2008

Attention deficiency in children
My child has been diagnosed as an AD child in class by the teacher. She does not finish her work sometimes. What kind of help do we need and where can we get that, as this is very new to me. She is in grade 2 now and I do not want this to affect her pergormance in school.
Answer 348 views

01 Jan 0001

If a teacher is experienced, they may be able to usefully raise the possibility that a child MIGHT have ADHD --- no teacher is trained or qualified to majke any diagnosis at all. It would be best for the child to see either a pediatrician with an interest in ADHD< or a child psychiatrist or chil;d psychologist, for a proper assesment and diagnosis, on the basis of which one can then sensibly consider treatment options
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20007 votes