Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Aug 2007
Being harassed by an anoymous caller
It's been 5 months now - I get up to 50 anonymous calls on my cell phone during the day and nite. My parents get just as much on their business lines. I cannot cope I feel so suffocated. This mad idiot says he saw me somewhere and I cast a spell on him. I've been to the police, called vodacom and telkom . The police aren't bothered and vodacom and telkom don't care. Sumtimes I speak to him to see if I'll recognise his voice - he wants to meet me and I just swear him in the hope he'll stop. I cannot sleep at night. This is totally destroying me. I run my business from home and he knows where I stay. I'm losing my mind, getting depressed, paranoid, scared! I wanted to trap him into meeting me and get the cops involved but I don't have the confidence to do it - I'm too scared even though I have the backing of family. This guy really sounds mentally ill. He's mentioned following me around the mall. Please Help me...I can't take this anymore.
One's first thought is that you can change your phone number. But this sounds more like stalking ---I thought stalking was a criminal offense --- you need good legal advice. Maybe a lawyer's letter remining the phone companies and the police of their responsibilities and their legal liability if anything happened to you, might wake them up. Can you get itemized billing to get his phone number ? WOuld a court be interested to give you an interdict against him, which might require the phone company to reveal his identity and address ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- EXPLAINER | 5 things you need to know about phase two vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- Tributes pour in for Durban Metro officer who died while diving
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20323 votes