Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Sep 2009
bf driking too much?
how much is too much?i feel my bf is drinking too much.he want to drink every weekend.and not just 6 or less he would buy 24 or more.the whole weekend.he is 23.his weekend is incomplete without booze.and he never gets drunk.even during the week he would do it.though i asked him a lot of times to reduce but he wont listern.even last night he went to drink after work.i could smell him,i really hate this.and i hate sounding like his mother telling him what to do and what not.hes going to start thinking i want to control him.i dont want a man who drinks all the time.i tell him this mite be cool now but it will affect him in the future.please advise.i dont know if i am right or wrong.what can i do to make him understand.its getting into me because its like he dont want to listern to me.i hate that. and i want wat is best for him
thank you doc
thank you doc
You can't measure "too much" in simple millilitres or glasses. Look more at the pattern of drinking and behaviour. If he can't imagine or acept a weekend without drinking large amounts, he has a drinking problem. If he regularly drinks enough to cause problems --- no time or hangover-free time to do ordinary chores and other pleasures of life ; time off work or neglect of other social duties --- , he has a drinking problem.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Vaccinated breastfeeding mothers may pass on Covid-19 antibodies to their babies
- OPINION | How one tiny country streaked ahead of SA in its digital transformation
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes