Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Jul 2006
I suspect that my grandchild (4 years old) has bipolar. I have read your artcile on the website, but could you give me more advise regarding this disease? My son-in-law just feels that he is naughty, but I feel that his behaviour is beyond just being that. Unfortunately my daughter does not have a medical aid and has just recently started a new job, so they are financially burdened
There can indeed be a number of reasons why a cvhild so young is unduly unruly, but Bipolar Disorder is very unlikely to be one of them --- I have never heard of any convincing diagnosis of it in one so young. Simple counselling, and a revision of parental disciplinary procedures would probably help ; if the behaviour problems are severe, disruptive and persistent, maybe the child then should see a good local child shrink, but that will probably not be necessary
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19867 votes