Ask an expert

24 Oct 2009

bipolar disorder
How can one help a family member with bipolar disorder, take responsibility for their own life-over 35 years?
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001

That's a very seisible queston, but would require a complex answer, depending very much on many, many details of the nature and history of the person's disorder, response to treatment, and current problems. SO in the first place you really need to discuss this in detail with whatever psychiatrist is treating the person, who will know the relevant details and should be able to advise best.
Also, consider contacting he Anxiety-Depression Support Group, SADAG, number on this page, as theyre may be a group within reach of you, where you, and the person with Bip;olar Disorder you are asking about, could get useful advice from other people with personal experience of managing the problems
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19312 votes