Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Jul 2007
Bipolar Or Depression
Hi. I have a feeling I might be Bipolar, the reson being is that I have moment of utter happiness which last for a bout 2-3 months absolutely nothing can go wrong. I joke around, go out meet wih friends, feel so happy, around my family the same, nothing anybody does or says can truly upset me. I loose weight and feel great in my career. Then suddenly, overnight, I am miserable, feel sad, am tired all the time, I have stopped seeing my friends, they invite me out but keep putting them off, I just dont feel like seeing them. I feel like i have lost all my confidence in my job, I vant seem to remember things anymore like I used to and this is really interfering in my line of work. I have put on all the weight I have lost. I just stay at home now and do nothing. It feels like there is nothing to look forward to either. Why the sudden change in me? I dont understand how one moment everything is fine and the next it isnt.
Bipolar is about major mood swings which last for days, usually weks and months, not "momentary" shifts of mood. See a good local shrink for a proper assessment of what's troubling you, so as to be able to get a reliable diagnosis and whatever treatment is appropriate
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Covid-19: New study to probe whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
- Ralph Mathekga | Madikizela qualification scandal: Rather don't lie
- Hlophe will interview potential Western Cape judges despite gross misconduct finding - JSC
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20001 votes