Ask an expert

12 Oct 2009

I' ve got a long story. Me and my ex broke up during July, and still I' ve gpt terrible feelings for him. We' ve broke up about a stupid incident, although he doesn' t think it is stupid. He insisted keeping to his view of the matter and he cannot fool himself or anybody to give in to given us a change again.

But he still loves me, he said so himself, he will always love me. He also said a miracle must happen to change his heart. He also said he see my view, but he can not get it over his heart to change his view, due to that he had a very unstable upbringing and his mom did things and it was terrible for him. In other words what I did that day, let him think what his mom did to them.

Well I kept contact with him, but he is ignoring my message totally. But his family says he said he is totally not interested in other women. He still loves me. I must try something from my side to make sure if he is the one for me but what must I do?

I will appreciate if someone can help me? Or must I just leave everything and go on with my life. I am sure you hear this a lot, I still love him
Answer 473 views

01 Jan 0001

Sorry, folks, but as I have to rush to Durban for an emergency, this forum was supposed to have been closed from Noon Monday, and has only been left open by mistake. So it will be extremely difficult for me to respond to all questions before Friday.
If you love each other, see a couples counsellor together and see what can be sorted out. OK, so his mom did awful things to him years ago, and you accidentally reminded him of that --- but he must realize it was not you who did awful things to him. And ating like this towards you won't help him at all. He may need to see his own personal counsellor to deal with those things and the effects of them which still continue.
But I tend to agree with the other readers that it soudns as thoug he is being unloving and using this incident as an excuse to break up with you, probably for entirely other reasons, which may have nothing directly to do with you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes