Ask an expert

07 Dec 2004

Breaking up after 4 years
What advice can you give for the following case?

Boy has grown out of a relationship and does not want to get married becuase he feels he needs more from a relationship than what the current relationship offers especially marriage. Girl does not understand this as a good reason and wants to work things out. What do you do when the boy has already made up his mind?

Girl has low self esteem and slightly suicidal and needs the relationship a lot. How do you handle this?
Answer 571 views

01 Jan 0001

Girl urgently needs direct personal counselling, to work on her self-respect and self-esteem. If he has made up his mind, THAT relationship is over, but you dont need to feel so desperate, as once you have sorted out your own problems, you will be able to get a better relationship.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19293 votes