Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Jul 2005
I just want to find out if it's normal for after going out with someone for more than 4 years and being engaged for 7 months to have suddenly developed a commitment problem. You see what happened is that my Fiancè just decided Tuesday morning that he is not ready to get married and he can't tell me why. He moved out and moved back to his parents to go and think about stuff. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I mean, we did not have any problems so there is no indication that we will not make it. I did not ask him to marry me? I never even said anything about I want to get married but I always knew that if he asks, I will marry him and now 7 months down the line, now suddenly he doesn't want to get married. He will go and see someone on Tuesday, should I just be patient and wait for what the shrink says to him? Should I just give him his space?IS THIS NORMAL? Because my heart is broken into pieces and my parents wants to kill him.
Its unfair of him not to explain, unless he doesn't have an explanation he can verbalize as yet. It's hardly normal in the sense of usual. Some guys panic at the thought of making a long-term committment. If he's going to see a shrink, wait and let them discuss it, as after that he may have something clearer to discuss with you. It isn't unusual for a guy ( or a gal to need some space and time to rethink their own problems and their relationships, and it usually pays to allow them that chance.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes