Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Jul 2008
I posted a question about Bulimia a couple of months ago... You all showed good support which i appreciated! I' m back to tell you all that she is struggling with Bulimia and she still hasnt seen a profesional to help her. She is also adiment that she can cure it herself. But she only stops for about 10 to 12 days and then she goes back to vomiting. I dont know what to do anymore! She understands EVERYTHING! All the bad things that is happening to her and she is also already having pains in her heart! But knowing she must stop and all the bad things she still want to do it herself and not profesionally... HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Sadly, the people who are most adamant that they can "cure" things themselves are usually those least able to do so. Without proper professional help she will NOT be able to permanently stop these dangerous bad habits herself. Unless a local doctor is convinced that she is a significant danger to herself, and is prepared to invoke the relevant mental health laws to arrange for her compulsory admission to hospital for treatment, there may be nothing that can be done until she either recognizes that she needs help and seeks it voluntarily, or until she collapses medically ans is too weak to resist a hospital admission.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
- Appointing a man to rule the Balobedu kingdom is 'a plot against women leadership' - historian
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20279 votes