Ask an expert

17 Nov 2004

Can't take it anymore

I just can't take it anymore, my parents are staying with me and my hubby because of financial difficulty on their side, they have been staying with us for 8 months now, and frankly I really think it is time for them to move out on their own again.

I don't feel like it's my house anymore, they have the majority of the house for themselves, my dad and mom has got their own studies and their room and all of our outbuildings is full of their stuff. I on the other had have only my room and our (my husband and I) study get used by my mom for ironing and stuff.

I pregnant and don't know if I can handle the extra pressure on y relationship with my hubby anymore,

I have a sister and asked her if we couldn't maybe just share them, a few (3 months) with me and 3 with them, she almost bit my head off.

Please I just need to know, am I unreasonable or what?

Thank you for listening,

Answer 448 views

01 Jan 0001

..., this sounds like an unreasonable arrangement, especially in the longer term. You're not being unreasonable here. The situation cannot be unending, as it'd be much easier to cope with if it had an end-point. It's nonsense for each of them to have a study to themselves ( what on earth do they study so intensively ?) while you and your husband share just one --- and who on earth must she do her ironing in your room, and not her own ? And with you being pregnant, too, tis is especially unfair --- it'd time that they thought of your needs. And when the baby comes, where is he/she supposed to go ?
Maybe your sister reacted in the way she did, because, having seen how they have inveded your space, she's scared to share that burden, even though it's equally her duty as yours. You've made a very reasonable suggestion. Why not sit down calmly and discuss this with your parents, both about the sharing arrangement, and about how they could be much less of a burden to you while with you, and less of a D-Day invasion force, and more like pleasant guests ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19305 votes