Ask an expert

02 Mar 2004

case of the ex
when i was 18&in matric i had a steady boyfriend we dated for almost 2 years until i found out he was cheating on me with his best friends sister.i dumped his ass like a hot potato&still he bothered me.a month later after the break up i found out that i was 1 month pregnant AND the bitch he cheated me with was 2 months pregnant how i dont know.i changed my cellphone number& house number but he still did everything to see me.his baby was a stillborn&i`m glad about that it`s almost 2 years since i lost his child&still the mother -|- er bothers me.i hate him for what he put me thru&i`ll NEVER forgive him not now not ever.he doesn`t want to leave me alone,i mean he has his other baby&woman.he tells my friends he`ll never stop loving me&that he doesn`t love the other woman&he`ll do absolutely anything to get me back but it`s pointless coz i despise him.yes i chose to go thru the pregnancy alone coz he is skum&his girlfriend.i went for HIV tests i couldnt believe he`d do such a thing but what happened,happened when he chose to pull down his pants he lost me forever but how do i deal with this pig? coz it still hurts,losing my baby,cheating on me...
Answer 443 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear a with e,
it's far too late now for him to do "anything" to get you back --- he should have done "everything" right a long time ago. Of course you're still hurt --- he was and is a bum, and not worthy of you. So there's no question of your wanting him back, surely. If he is harassing you, tell him, in a leter ( keep a copy ) to stop and never to contact you again. If he continues to harass you, see a lawyer or the police, and get a restraining order to force him to not contact you at all.
There's no need to forgive him for his sake --- leave him to stew in the juices he created and make his own gravy.
But it's worthwhile for you to see a counsellor and "forgive" in the sense of letting go of all that bitterness and anger so as to set yourself free for a happy future without him, and without letting those bonds of bitterness tie you to him.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes