Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Dec 2004
CDoc on leave, can one of you perhaps help?
I had pink eye last week and was booked off for 3 days. I was prescribed a tube of cream which was supposed to be applied 3 x a day for 5 days. I done this and am now back at work. the problem is i occasionally get a burning sensation in that eye and it is also constantly blurring and my eyelid feels like it is dragging. Could i still be infected or have a caused permanent damage by only consulting the doctor after 4 days of having the pink eye. just for the record i didnt know it was pink eye thats why i left it so late until i woke up last week monday looking like i was punched in the eye by a WWF wrestler. please advise!!!
Sorry to hear Cyberdoc has gone off early ! Pink Eye is not one of my specialties. But with anything involving eyes and infectons, it is best NOT to deal with it online, but to see another doctor or pop into a casualty Dept, as someone with medical expertise needs to look at and into those eyes. Chemists have never had any training to do physical examinations, even of eyes, so not such a good bet.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19970 votes