Ask an expert

30 Nov 2004

Pleas help my husband is got a child from other women before we meet, now each an everyime this women needs the child she treathens to areest my husband or kill him if he does not want to give her the child.They even come from court which the court dicides that the child mudt stay with us and when she needs her for holidays she can take her and return her but she does not do like that.Always come to my in laws with an off duty policeman to thearthen them.Last time when they come which was last week they told them that they either loosethe child or m husband

pleas help how can I help my husband course these sress him a lot
Answer 461 views

01 Jan 0001

You really need to discuss this with a lawyer, Betty. If the Court decided that the child should live with you two, then that is how it must be, and anyone who ignores the court's decision can be in srious trouble with the court. She can't just do what she wants --- and the court was supposed to have decided whatever was best for the child.
And if she threatens to kill him or harm him, you, or the child, then the police should be involved, and you can get a restraining order from a court to forbid her to do so, and she would go to jail if she ignored such an order.
And if an off-duty policeman is taking part in such threats, a serious complaint should be made to the most senior police authorities you can speak to, as he is abusing his job and may be acting illegally, and should be sacked. And if he is taking part in the threats, this is a crime, and he should be arrested and in jail. If you have witne3sses to such threats, call the police, preferably from a different station from the one he works for, and lay charges against him, and get him arrested. He is a disgrace to the Police, if this is how he is behaving.
bllackbird is right here --- whenever any policeman, on o0r off duty is threatening or in any way misbehaving, ask for his name, rank and number, which I believe he is required by law to give you, and then report him to a senior police officer for discipline.
If I understand from your second message, that these threats are happening where your parents live, and not where you live, the matter is a bit more complicated, but I'm sure if you spoke to detectives at your local station, they could deal with it and arrange for someone trustworthy to go and take a statement from your parents and any other witnesses, and arrange protection for your famil as well as potentially arresting these sleazy people.
The court must have had good reason not to give this woman full custody, and she has no right whatsoever to ANYTHING beyond whatever access the court gave to her.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20323 votes