Ask an expert

12 Jan 2005

Closure for past relationship
I went out for a guy for 3 yrs. We were engaged for about a year. Then at the end of 2003 things went bad and we broke up in Jan last year. However, we have become some what friends since then (we visited once and sent text messages like 2 or 3 times) We don't really make a habit of talking or seeing each other. However, we have never spoken about what went wrong between us. I am truly over what happend between us (I have also found someone else) and have accepted that it was not meant to be for the two of us. But I still think about all the hurt he has caused me (seeing it was still a year ago) and that he does not realise how badly it affected me (and it still hurts) I was thinking of maybe writing him a letter telling him that he really hurt me badly. Tell him that although he has hurt me, it has changed me into a better person. I don't know if I should just type this letter out and leave it or actually give it to him.
Answer 387 views

01 Jan 0001

have you thought through WHY you would want to convince him how much he hurt you, if you are truly over this ? Are you sure it would actually benefit you, for him to be formally told about that ? Sometimes, to complete the "over it" phase, people will write such a letter, then burn it, rather than delivering it --- because it's often more important to get those feelings out of you, rather than on to him
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.