Ask an expert

08 Mar 2004

I hope someone cangive me advise on this.

I have been married almost 17 years this year. We have 2 teenage children. We have been through the worst and the best of it all. A few years ago things happened within our marriage and we almost got divorced. We worked through it and managed to save the marriage.

Every day is differrent and we have our ups and downs. My problem is this. I think I am going through early menopause. My husband has been going through this midlife crises for some time and seems still to be going throught it.

My husband works weird hours at night as he is a dj part time to make extra money for the family, of which im grateful.

I just feel so emotionelly unstable and insecure. When we have fights my husband gets violent, towards myself and my daughter. I still love him and feel I can't leave, afterall we have 17 years of marraige behind us and a history.

What do I do? Do we go back to the Psychologist who was seeing him for sometime or do I just ignore the situation?
Answer 263 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear nicks,
I don't see any benefit from ignoring it. Yes, he should go back to seeing the psychologist, because if he is still capable of violence, he still has stuff he really needs to work on, to free you both from the consequences of these unresolved issues. Maybe a spot of marriage counselling, too. Both these healing activities would be an excellent investment at this time.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.