Ask an expert

07 Dec 2004

I have been married for 10 years and everything seemed okay until a month ago. I had contact with a collague I used to work with. It started as a continuation of a friendship but quickly became much more.

I do not know what to do about the situation. I am happily married, except for the occasional small problems (feeling not appreciated, not enough respect etc). The other person is a stunning guy but he knows I will not leave my husband for him. I really like him or I think I am even a bit in love with him. I cannot get myself to break it off. He is currently single.

I also love my husband and do not want to hurt him or my children. What really bothers me is what in the first place caused me to become involved with another man. Can someone perhaps offer me some advise?
Answer 402 views

01 Jan 0001

Sounds like you are normally happily married. Be content with that, and don't cheat on your husband and children. Tell this guy that you are hapilly married, and will not allow anything further to develop between you. It's not difficult to break it off --- just stop, and say NO. It doesn't matter what tempted you in the first place --- just resist the temptation and stop seeing this guy altogether. Of course you CAN get yourself to break it off --- you are just reluctan to allow yourself to do so.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19320 votes