Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Jul 2008
confused - depressed enough to quit uct?
hi< br> i am in first year at uct, have been seeing a psychologist for about five months, and am not on any meds. going back to university has made me so, so depressed. last semester i spent the last few weeks like this - not doing any work, skipping classes, trying to sleep away the time and make the holiday come quicker. so now i feel the same. if i was happy during the holidays, could it be that i just don& #39 t like university and am not really depressed? i can t do this for another six months. i really don& #39 t know what to do.
Surely ther psychologist you have been seeing is the right person in the right place to advise you about this ? Avoiding work and classes is insisting on having the worst deal around.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Trial by social media – the tragic Lindsay Dentlinger story
- Treasury's 'brutal' budget must target spend cuts at SOEs, Cabinet
- BREAKING | Rogue Crime Intelligence cops 'bug' News24 investigative journalist
- Mbalula's comments indicate the ANC is far from united in bid to oust Public Protector
- Siya Khumalo | #LoveIslandSA: Does our legacy allow us to have dating shows?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19435 votes