Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Nov 2005
Confused & Feel disrespected
I feel my husband is slowly killing our marriage. After work on a week day, he comes home and sleeps or watches TV. Nothing is done in the house or the garden. I come home and cook, clean etc. On a weekend he goes drinking with his buddies to gigs and only comes home at sunrise. I hardly ever go with, because I find it pointless socialising with a bunch of drunk morons who do not know when to stop. Then next day he will spend sleeping the entire day away, and only wakes up when its time to go on the next jol. I think I have been very fair letting him go out with his friends. I have asked him many times to not drink and drive and please to come home at a reasonable hour. We do love each other and have a wonderful son, but it seems that he does not repect me. If I fight with him he rebels even more. So I have resorted to the silent treatment. I am miserable, and do not know what to do.
A comon situation, and Marriage Counselling is the most probable solution, if indeed one can be found.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20023 votes