Ask an expert

17 Jul 2006

Confused & unhappy
I feel so depressed by what's happening. I've been going out with my bf for 4 years and recently cheated on him with a mutual friend of ours. The guilt was eating me up so I decided to tell him about the affair. He is willing to forgive me and go on with the relationship. He is even willing to marry me. The problem is that I think I am inlove with the guy I had the affair with although if I had to have a relationship with him, I know there would never be a future for us as he is not marriage material. What should I do? Leave my bf for this guy or stay with my bf for the sake of not hurting him any further. Please don't get me wrong, although I feel pity for my bf, I still love him.
Answer 385 views

01 Jan 0001

You go out with a guy for 4 years before deviding that you're really in love with his pal ? And this guy wouldn';t be a suitable mate >? YOu sound rather muddled. Why not see a counsellor to sort this out within yourself before making decisions. You say you still love your bf ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20296 votes