Ask an expert

09 Feb 2004

Continous relatonship problems with guys
Hi Doc,
I am nearly 28 and my longest reltionship with a guy has been 9 months, even then It felt like it had ended months ago.I have had many relationships, so there is no lack of experience. My problem is that how do I know if there is something I am doing to cause these break ups. Even the sweetest guys I meet, eventually leave me a month or so later. The relationship just die. I am not controlling at all, don't try and change them and think I am a very easy going person. I have even been to see a hypnotist, so he could see if there was any underlying psycological problems. I don't have much self esteem, but am told I am very pretty, but don't accept compliments as I feel that's what they say now but give it a month and they will just leave me anyway.Should I go see a psychiatrist,
Answer 385 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Candice,
This is exactly the sort of question with which counselling is designed to help. And your perceptiveness in recognizing that you might well be contributing actively if unwittingly to the situation is promising, suggesting that counselling could work well in your situation. As Hypnotists are totally incapable of discovering whether anyone has "any underlying psychological problems" it doesn't much surprise me that this method didn't help you. So seeing a srink, perhaps better a psychologist, could help a lot.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9527 votes
69% - 20980 votes