Ask an expert

07 Aug 2008

Could i be? Anyone ever been in my shoes
Dear All

This is my first. I just need to know what to do. Here goes my story....

I am involved with in a heterosexual relationship (co-habiting) with a guy. Recently while chating to another couple friend of ours, a question of exploration and same gender sexual encounter poped up. It did not go any further as my boyfriend appeared more conservative and uncomfortable with it.

Honestly I once has a fling and explored a while ago with another woman.

The woman in this other couple approached me later and wanted my story/experience. We Emailed and we met to talk about it and one thing led to another.

Cutting long story short, I am now involved (secretly) with her and my boyfriend.

I am more attracted to this lady than my man at the moment, am not sure if it'  s because the relationship is still new or what, but we seem to understand each other, I care deeply for her, it'  s not just sexual.
I have made love to her a number of times and that has affected my sexual relationship with my boyfriend becos I struggle to reach an orgasm when I am with my boyfriend.

I have asked him for space to sleep on seperate rooms. I am afraid this other relationship is dangerous as we visit each other a lot as couple and we steal kisses and touches and is scary.

Am i lesbian, or bisexual or what? Help!

How do I know? What questions need I ask myself?
If I am lesbian or bisexual, what do I do? how do I break the news to my boyfriend? He is so threatened and conservative.

What if we get caught? I am so afraid. Yet I feel so complete when i am with her.
Answer 421 views

01 Jan 0001

The central fact is that you are being wholly unfaithful to your boyfriend, whoever your other partner is, and should tactfully and kindly break up with him before indulging in this other relationship. It may not be that you are lesbian or bisexual ( though the latter is probably more likely ) but that you are being turned on in part by the sense of naughtiness and secrecy of this affair.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19330 votes