Ask an expert

31 Oct 2006

I need help here, because I'm scared of making a mistake one way or the other. I am engaged and have a child from a previous relationship. My fiance had a very light flirtation with a lady before we started going out. She is very nice and enjoy her company, but for some or other reason I see something in her eyes that tell's me I can not trust her. My fiance insured me there is nothing to worry about, because if he wanted her he whould have persued a relationship with her when he was still single, but he didn't because of her morals and values. She does have a reputation of braking up relationships married or not and when she does get the guy she stole, she goes out and cheats on them.
I found out last night I month before I got engaged she e-mailed my fiance and told him that she left her boyfriend and asked my boyfriend are you and... still together because if you're not we must go out. There is no way she could not have known we were planning on getting engaged because we all have the same friends and all of them knew. She has a child the same age as mine and our children get along well, it seems she started cleaning up her act, and she's home alone a lot and I'm sorry for her, but I'm not in the mood to get into conflict situation because I'm not happy with what I see. I never saw myself as a obsessively jelous person. I don't mind if my fiance has female friends, he even works with an ex-girlfrien of his and it doesn't bother me at all, but this woman gives me the creeps!!! I'm I being stupid or am I trusting my gut feel here? What should I do?
Answer 452 views

01 Jan 0001

Why not discuss this further with your fiancee --- if she has a reputation for breaking up relationships, then even if he has no intentions of being unfaithful, she could nonetheless cause problems --- but if the pair of you were aware of this, you could more effecively prevent her from doing so. And why is it necessary to keep her as a friend, of either of you, anyway ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.